Front Light Fixture

bjudkins

Owns
2003 ACURA TL
I have a 2003 Acura TL that I have had for 12 years. I can say that it is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I currently have only 118,000 miles on it. However, I have been having a problem over the last 4 years that has frustrated me. I have had to replace the left front headlight system three times in the last four years. This has cost me over $500 or more each time.

What appears to be happening is that water somehow collects inside the housing and that eventually ruins the device that “kick starts” the light. Given the quality of the construction of the car, I was surprised that this would happen at all, but to happen three times seems extremely unusual. I just wonder if this is a design flaw in the light system. I have not seen a recall on this, but I assume I am not the only person to experience this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Ben

CARiD

Owns
2013 Acura ILX
Moisture often appears in both stock and aftermarket headlights. The reason is that headlights are not sealed and not 100% water proof, however you can easily seal them with any silicon based glue from a local car parts store.

This video shows step by step instruction on how to seal the headlights:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.