RDX No acoustic signal when pushing door lock fob 2x

draarc

Owns
2015 RDX
When I lock my 2015 RDX and push the fob 2x, the car made a tone and now it does not. The settings are correct. I understand there is an acoustic confirmation generator somewhere that is defective. Does anyone know the location of this device?

Ryota Murata

Owns
2019 NSX
Did it also stop chiming when you touch the door handle or only when you unlock by pressing the fob?

draarc

Owns
2015 RDX
No acoustic signal when I push the lock button 2x but the lights flash and doors lock. I does not chime when touching the doors.

DJ X

Administrator
Staff member
Owns
1999 Integra
In the first-generation RDXs, the beeping module was behind the right fender next to the TPMS sensor. In 2019, they moved it to the tail light access panel (rear quarter on the driver's side). Not sure what the situation is for 2013-2018.

draarc

Owns
2015 RDX
How would I find the location of buzzer assembly part # 74940 SZW 003 on a 2015 rdx it does not sound when the doors lock button is pushed 2x and the function is enabled.

DJ X

Administrator
Staff member
Owns
1999 Integra
I've done a little digging for you. The location of the smart unit (which this electric warning buzzer is a part of) in the 2013-2018 RDX is the same as in the TLX and the Honda Accords. It's in the back, behind the bumper on the driver side.

Warning buzzer.jpg

According to this video, you might not even need to replace the unit. It might just be dirty. Take the buzzer out by pushing it up and sliding it out along the brackets, clean it thoroughly and make sure there is nothing in the hole in the middle, then put it back in.

Let us know how it goes.

draarc

Owns
2015 RDX
I found the signal generator under the rear bumper cover attached to the bracket I will try to clean it.

Reactions: DJ X

draarc

Owns
2015 RDX
I cleaned the buzzer assembly and re-installed it it still does not work . I ordered a replacement , wonder if a fuse could be bad, anyone know where the fuse that controls this device is located.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.