2005 RL headlight

tom faenza

Owns
2005 RL
Headlights, mostly passenger side, shut off intermittently. They can be turned back on by turning the control to Off and then back to Auto or ON

Does anyone know the fix?

playgolfer

Owns
2005 RL
Have not had an issue with my RL like this. Periodically would get an error message for the auto control on turns, but then would go away the next start up. Thanks for sharing however.

tom faenza

Owns
2005 RL
I may have found the fix. It has worked for the past 2 weeks. Leave the headlight selector switch to the "ON" position. My theory is that this provides a small amount of power to the ballast (that everyone says is going bad) at all times.

My light (or ballast) issue has been going on for at least 2 years. Service guy can never isolate or create the condition.

Lkiah

Owns
2008 Acura RL
I have a 2008 RL that I'm experiencing the same issue. Dealer said 1300 to replace due to the electrical components not functioning and due to the HID yada yada yada. Not paying that for a light. I will try the ON switch.

Mark Clark

Owns
2005 Acura RL
Igniter is failing, which happens with time... I ended up replacing the light on my 2005 for $850!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.