Acura Link

Thomas Sipe

Owns
2020 RDX
On December 2 I was traveling east on a divided highway in Pittsburgh, PA. An oncoming car in the westbound lane lost a wheel which bounced over the Jersey barrier and into my lane where I was unable to avoid hitting it with the right front bumper. Three airbags instantly deployed filling the cabin with smoke and blinding me as my 2020 RDX continued forward slowly and eventually stopping without another collision. Fortunately both lanes behind me came to a full stop and allowed me to pull over to the side of the road. Acura was online before I even got off the road enquiring about our condition and noting that airbags had deployed. They also called the PA State Police who sent help to the scene. It is a very impressive service! Thank you, Acura.

In the passenger seat my wife suffered significant bruising on her legs from the lower airbag and I had a minor bruise as well. Had the wheel bounce a little higher and gone through the windshield the story would be much sadder as similar accidents often result in serious injury or death.

As it stands my car awaits repair at my dealership with an estimate nearing $14,000.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.