Best Coolant for Anti-Corrosion Performance and Longevity

John Endopax

Owns
2012 MDX
Wanted to pick everyone's brains on a somewhat picayune matter. My 2012 MDX with 120K miles is up for coolant flush and fill. Hope to keep it another 120K. I want to use the best products to achieve that goal. Which of these silicate-free coolants would you use: Honda Type 2 vs. Prestone Asian Vehicles (Blue) vs. Valvoline Zerex Asian Vehicle Blue vs. Amsoil Passenger Car vs. Evans High-Performance Waterless after Water/Coolant purge?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Reactions: DJ X

John Endopax

Owns
2012 MDX
Hi Adam,
Thanks for your reply. The big problem with Scotty’s video is that he only covers the pink silicate-rich coolants. These coolants are absolutely prohibited in Honda/Acura as they can lead to premature water pump failure. Honda/Acura requires blue silicate-free phosphated coolants. I went with Prestone Asian blue with a 10K, 180K mile warranty. Of course, I will be flushing and filling about halfway through this interval.
FYI, the best coolant in the world is Evans Waterless Coolant that can can be used after an intense blowout of coolant and water from the engine. It never needs to be replaced, and it has anti-corrosion performance superior to all water-based coolants. Jay Leno has used it in his many-million dollar car collection for 15 years with tremendous performance. His technical staff cried—literally—when he ordered them to use this product in a multi-million dollar Bugatti, all with great success. If the automakers used this product during assembly—only $40 per gallon RETAIL—one would never change coolant again indefinitely. Probably never happen.

Reactions: benbr

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.