RDX Rear seat heat and ventilation

pipewriter

Owns
2014 RDX
Am I missing something, or do 2014 RDX's come without back seat heating or ventilation? An extra cost option?

DJ X

Administrator
Staff member
Owns
1999 Integra
Most of the vehicles in that class do not offer heated/cooled rear seats even as an option. Only few flagship vehicles offer that as a standard feature ( Mercedes S class, BMW 7 series). The RDX leads the class by offering heated/cooled front seats as standard. Lexus RX has that as an option. Maybe you can get it as an option on a bigger, more expensive MDX.

Reactions: benbr

pipewriter

Owns
2014 RDX
Re: Rear seat air heating and ventilation

DJ X thanks for your response. I wasn't worried about radiant seat heat so much as warm or air conditioned air outlets for the back seat passengers. Sorry to mislead. Anyone sitting in the back of our RDX is without air circulation. That seemed a little spartan, even for an "entry level" luxury crossover.

DJ X

Administrator
Staff member
Owns
1999 Integra
O I see. Yes, unfortunately Acura rdx does not currently have rear vents. There are rumors that the mid cycle refresh will bring those in as standard features. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Reactions: Lexie

Lexie

Owns
Acura RDX
here's hoping... we rarely had passengers in the back in our old 2014 but the few times we did - they did complain

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.