RDX Squealing brakes

Nicholas

Owns
2020 RDX
Hello all. New 2020 RDX owner here.
With less than 800 miles on my vehicle I'm experiencing brake squealing for the second time since picking up my vehicle less than a month ago. The first time it occurred the dealer changed brake pads, apparently a known problem. It has now occurred second time, today. When I called the dealer service department the service manager said there is was nothing he could do, which I told him was unacceptable. I have an appointment schedule next Monday. Has anyone experienced "brake squealing" whenever the brakes are applied when going faster than 30 mph?

BruceRD

Owns
2021 RDX
I have the same problem with my 2021 RDX. I had my brakes and rotors replaced at 3,000 miles and still have the same problem at 6,000. I have an open case with Acura for this "known problem". With the 2022 RDX models now available, I've been trying to find out if the same "defective" brakes are still on the 2022's, or have they changed them due to the problem? If so, I will request the put the 2022's on my car. Otherwise, I've told them I want them to provide me with a "buy-out option", which the case worker is exploring.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.